macProVideo.com
Forums
    Using timecode to sync video clips to audio
    I am trying to find the best way to sync audio and video recorded on separate devices. I'm doing interviews with musicians, and would like to record the audio to a dedicated recorder and not rely on the camera mic preamps. The problem I have, is setting up an audio recorder separately, would not start/stop at the same time as the camera. Likely, the audio recorder would start at the beginning of the interview and run the entire time, without stopping. However, the camera will be stopped from time to time. I am hoping there is a simple, automatic way, to start a FCX project, drop the audio into the timeline, and then have the video clips align with the audio. Then I could cut the audio track into clips and keep them linked with the video. So I am thinking I would need to somehow record timecode onto the camera (Sony HDR ax2000) and an audio recorder (which I haven't purchased yet). Am I on track here, or is there a better way?
    I am trying to find the best way to sync audio and video recorded on separate devices. I'm doing interviews with musicians, and would like to record the audio to a dedicated recorder and not rely on the camera mic preamps. The problem I have, is setting up an audio recorder separately, would not start/stop at the same time as the camera. Likely, the audio recorder would start at the beginning of the interview and run the entire time, without stopping. However, the camera will be stopped from time to time. I am hoping there is a simple, automatic way, to start a FCX project, drop the audio into the timeline, and then have the video clips align with the audio. Then I could cut the audio track into clips and keep them linked with the video. So I am thinking I would need to somehow record timecode onto the camera (Sony HDR ax2000) and an audio recorder (which I haven't purchased yet). Am I on track here, or is there a better way?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: