macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toreddie
    View audio markers in imported audio file in FCPX
    I have recorded several conference presentations using a TASCAM DR-100-MK2. I used the "Mark" function on the TASCAM to mark the audio file every time a PowerPoint slide changed. Now I want to merge the audio file with the corresponding PPT slides (which have been converted to jpg files) in FCPX. I have imported the PPT (jpg files) and the audio file. The problem I am having is that I cannot see the markers in the audio file. TASCAM tech support says that the markers (they call them cues) are in the WAV file. How can I see these markers in the timeline so I can drop the corresponding jpg images at each marker?
  • BenB
    Re: View audio markers in imported audio file in FCPX
    They would have to be exported as FCPXML. Those markers are proprietary to Tascam, or are simple standard DVD chapter markers, which don't get read by any NLEs anyway. Unless Tascam can tell you a way to export those markers as XML, EDL, spredsheet, something, they're going to be pretty useless. "Maybe" Logic could read the markers, but I don't think it will.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: