macProVideo.com
Forums
  • allsystemsgo
    EXPORTING 7D FROM FINAL CUT EXPRESS LOSES QUALITY- HELP
    Hi I have 7d footage which I'm trying to export from Final cut express and when I do it loses quality and comes out a little pixelated. The video is 1920 x 1080, 25 fps, in 'Get Info' it tells me Codecs: H.264, Linear PCM. The total bit rate is 46,000- 47,000. In Final Cut the easy set up for the project is HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50. Then I export it at Compression Type: H.264. Keyframes every 25 fr. Encoding: Best Quality. And export Dimensions: 1280x720 HD What am I doing wrong? Please Help I need to sort this ASAP.
  • BenB
    Re: EXPORTING 7D FROM FINAL CUT EXPRESS LOSES QUALITY-...
    First, convert to ProRes before editing. I don't know if FCE supports the Log And Transfer function that FCP has. If not, use Compressor to convert it all to ProRes. Your Sequence settings have to be ProRes 1080p35. Apple Intermediate Codec is very outdated and not the way I'd go. Plus, you're speed up 25p clips to 50i. Taking progressive clips to interlaced will degrade quality. Edit and export progressive, and at the same frame rate. You'll want to export 1920x1080 at 25p, also.
  • allsystemsgo
    The only easy set up options in express is either variatiopns of apple intermediate codec or dv pal/ntsc.It doesn't give me Prores. So what format should I be converting it to exactly? I have PavTube Converter which seems to conver pretty much every format, do I convert it to Apple Intermediate Codec of some kind? if there are different types of AIC? Thank you for your help
  • allsystemsgo
    The only easy set up options in express is either variatiopns of apple intermediate codec or dv pal/ntsc.It doesn't give me Prores. So what format should I be converting it to exactly? I have PavTube Converter which seems to conver pretty much every format, do I convert it to Apple Intermediate Codec of some kind? if there are different types of AIC? Thank you for your help
  • allsystemsgo
  • BenB
    Re: Re: EXPORTING 7D FROM FINAL CUT EXPRESS LOSES QUALITY-...
    Export H.264 this way. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_41781_151761_Screen_Shot_2013-04-02_at_7.52.47_AM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_41781_151761_Screen_Shot_2013-04-02_at_7.52.47_AM.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_41781_151761_Screen_Shot_2013-04-02_at_7.53.20_AM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_41781_151761_Screen_Shot_2013-04-02_at_7.53.20_AM.png[/img] [/url] But your best bet is to upgrade to Final Cut Pro X, simplify your life, get more control, work faster and easier with better results.
  • allsystemsgo
    Yeah those are the export settings I used to export the video and as I say that didn't work. Upgrading definitely sounds appealing for future edits
  • BenB
    Be sure you're not viewing it over 100% size, also.
  • allsystemsgo
    Hi there I've actually moved to premiere pro and just to be certain I've set up a project dslr 1050 25 fr and if i export at h.264 and from premiere pro once iv finished my edit, it comes out as an mpeg4, is this right and i'm not 100% certain if it comes out best quality with these settings? Also just to comfirm I don't need to convert the footage into something before editing in pro?
  • BenB
    Re: Re: EXPORTING 7D FROM FINAL CUT EXPRESS LOSES QUALITY-...
    Not PPro thread, I don't use PPro, I couldn't answer that question.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: