macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GregS
    Re: Final Cut Pro X Crashing
    Looking forward to your help with FCPX crashing every time I try to share and render. I've checked my spam and don't see any of your comments there. Thanks so much. See my previous posts for the background on the issue. The program works fine as I edit as long as I uncheck background rendering in the preferences but will always crash if it is checked.
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Re: Final Cut Pro X Crashing
    On a Mac Pro towner, 16 MB RAM, OS X 10.9.3, FCPX 10.1.1, and use a secondary INTERNAL drive to put your Libraries on, NO external drives. Period. Also, run Disk Utility to REPAIR all drives the Mac sees. Then run Disk Warrior to REPAIR the directories of all drives the Mac sees. The problem is your graphics card. Not all that. Upgrade it. But I'm not sure what your Mac Pro will be able to upgrade to. And a dual CPU processor ain't all that. Optimize all media, and be sure it is all stored inside the Library. And all of those Libraries need to be on a secondary internal drive, period. FW800 is going to suck you dry in performance.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: