macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pakofuu
    FCP X audio syncing
    I'm having real trouble syncing 2 clips, even when I use the markers. It's just not working. I select the clips and hit synchronise and it creates a new clip but a lot of the video is black and the audio does not sync. It's a music video which I recorded using DSLR for video and an H4N zoom audio recorder. The clips are not exactly the same length as I often left the zoom recording sound when I'd buttoned off on my camera, but surely the markers should mean I can get a synchronised clip. Any help much appreciated. Charlotte
  • BenB
    Re: FCP X audio syncing
    Are you also recording audio on the DSLR? You must have clean enough audio on the DSLR in order for them to Sync properly. Also, the more dirty the audio (usually the DSLR), the tougher it can be for FCPX to sync them up. A "Sync Clip" is a type of Compound Clip. If the two don't sync up the start and end of each other exactly, yes, in the Sync Clip you will see black where they overlap. Here's what you want to do, right-click on that Sync Clip you created, select "Open in Timeline". Then you can see inside that Sync Clip to manual tweak what you need to by moving and trimming what you wish.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: