macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB
    Under The Hood Improvements For FCP X 10.1
    Final Cut Pro X version 10.1 also improves overall stability and performance, and addresses the following issues: - Loading a library from a SAN is significantly faster - You can eject drives after the libraries on those drives are closed - It is much easier to move clips with transitions in the timeline and lift them out of the Primary Storyline with transitions preserved - Clips can be trimmed completely out of a timeline when using the rolling trim function - Media management functions can be cancelled with undo - Quitting the application cancels background processes - 5.1 surround sound audio originating from a camera as AVCHD will no longer be down mixed to stereo during import - If you have transcoded RED RAW files to ProRes through a third-party application, you can relink to the original RED files within Final Cut Pro - Transform correctly maintains linear motion on all keyframes
  • Director 1968
    Re: Under The Hood Improvements For FCP X 10.1
    Hi! I just downloaded the new [b]FCPX 10.1 tutorials[/b]: should I stick with those only to learn and master FCPX from now on, and get rid of the previous 10.0 version of the tutorial, or are they complementary and I can learn from both (knowing the interface and media management pretty much changed)? Sounds like it will be confusing if I keep both... I want to clear disk space on my computer... Thanks!
  • BenB
    Re: Under The Hood Improvements For FCP X 10.1
    Go with the 10.1 lessons, delete the 10.0 lessons. So much has been updated, the 10.0 lessons are pretty obsolete if you're on 10.1.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: