macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kixuvou
    Issue importing live video
    Hello, So I am somewhat new to FCPX but I've seen alot of tutorials and have been playing with it a while now, but I've run into a problem. I plugged my Canon EOS M into my laptop using a mini usb to usb and turned it on, and the camera showed only a laptop icon on the screen. I clicked on the import icon on FCPX and then clicked on my camera, right above the option for my facetime camera, and it shows only the pictures and videos I have existing on the SD card, no live video recording option.. So I backed up the pictures, formatted the card and attempted again and it shows me the same view except this time with no pictures to choose from obviously. Am I going about this wrong? To be clear my goal is to record video live onto FCPX from my Camera, mostly so I can have sort of a monitor of the live feed as I record myself by looking at my laptop. Thanks for the help in advance, hope I gave enough info of my situation.
  • BenB
    Re: Issue importing live video
    FCPX only captures from Firewire connected cameras, and was not made to capture live video. I'd use QuickTime 7 Pro, or some other software for capturing live. I'd get an app specifically made for live video capture. FCPX can do it, but first you have to have a Firewire camera, then it has to output live timecode without drops. It is a trick I'd not rely on. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/extending/index.html http://www.bensoftware.com/btv/btvpro-features.html
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: