macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Navogyy
    WHY DOES MY MEDIA GET DISCONNECTE, AND FILES DONT INJEST CORRECT
    File/Import/Media.../DEVICES/ G-RAID with Thunderbolt Scrool down and clicl open Folder labeled "Day 1" which contains my "Private" AVCHD Files. I then Highlight the clips i desire to import into the Library Clip #111-#151, and then I click "Import Selected... The "Media Import" Drop down appears where my checked setting are... ...ADD TO EXISTING EVENT ...COPY FILESD INTO : "TRANSCODED AVCHD FILES" a folder I created on the same drive to house the transcoded footage. ...CREATED OPTIMIZED MEDIA ...FIND PEOPLE ... CONSOLIDATE FIND PEOPLE RESULTS ...CREATE SMART COLLECTIONS AFTER ANALYSIS ...REMOVE SILENT CHANNELS "IMPORT" then it always tells me it can't ingest any media because i have not assigned a place in the preferences then a box comes up asking me to cancel as many times as there are files and suddenly it ingest the files, but if the program goes off those files may all be disconnected . please help. what am i doing wrong brand new 15' macbook pro, latest final cut update, grad 8 t thunderbolt drive. thank you
  • BenB
    Re: WHY DOES MY MEDIA GET DISCONNECTE, AND FILES DONT ...
    OK, so you're making three copies of your media. 1- Add To Event, will copy the original AVCHD files into the Library package. 2- Copy files into another folder places a copy of the original AVCHD files into that folder. 3- Create Optimized Media creates ProRes files inside of the Library package. So you have the original AVCHD files in their original location, inside of the Library package, in the external folder you created, and finally the Optimized ProRes copies inside of the Library. You're eating up tons of space for what? If you're setting the "Consolidate Find People Results", I assume these clips are over 2 minutes long, correct? I'd love to see a screen shot of the folder hierarchy the AVCHD files are inside of. No clue why it is asking you to "assign a place", no clue in the world that that means, and what that has to do with the Preferences. Can you post a screen shot of the error message?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: