macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gezynyo
    Loosing color while exporting in Final Cut Express HD (4.0.1.)
    The exported film has less clear colors, especially the orange and burgundy turns a bit pale. I have experimented with Mpeg-4, DVCPRO50-PAL and uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 without satisfying results. I'm unskilled in this technical field and don't know what more I can do except saturating the clip before exporting it. Every constructive idea is most welcome.
  • BenB
    Re: Loosing color while exporting in Final Cut Express...
    The color in the digital file is the same, no matter what. Every application uses a different Gamma baseline, so each app will show colors a tad differently. FCPX uses OS X's color sync technology so that all apps look the same. In the older apps like FCE, you don't have that. You should be using video scopes to verify saturation, luma levels, etc, to verify your colors. Because, as you've found, they won't look the same in every app. They'll even look different on different TV sets, too.
  • Gezynyo
    Thank you for your answer and explanation, I did notice that while playing the clip in Streamclip instead of Quick Time (10.3) the colors appears much closer to what they do in FCE.
  • BenB
    Even then, you don't know what it "really" looks like visually without an SDI output device going to a calibrated broadcast monitor. Learn to use the video scopes, they are vital to your color management.
  • Gezynyo
    Thanks, I will obviously need to go into what you are proposing.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: