macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zulotei
    How can I highlight a part of a picture (frame) to give emphasis
    [i]Hy Experts in the wonderful program Final Cut Pro 10.1, My problem/wish is the following. I am a veterinarian and I am making recordings of endoscopic procedures. Also from the organs in the abdomen (belly). To point out what is what, eg the stomach or spleen, I hold the video for a few seconds and let a text appear that describes the organ. But still it is not always clear what is what. It is possible to point an arrow to it, but that is not fancy. Is there a way to define a part of the picture and let that highlight. That is, put an effect to that part. Glowing, shining or something like that?
  • Eric D - CoralVision
    Re: How can I highlight a part of a picture (frame) to...
    If I had to do this to a freeze-frame, I would use the color correction tool from the inspector. You could use a shape mask to highlight the area, dimming/vignietting the part of the screen that is outside of the area of interest. When you use a mask like this, I think you can independently brighten/enhance the area of interest as well, so for the duration of the still the part you are indicating "glows" while other parts of the image are darkened and blurred. Good Luck!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: