macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Eric D - CoralVision
    collapse multi-camera clips...
    Hello forum, I've said before that I think FCPX multi-cam function is superior to anything else I've used (FCP7 and Premiere) - however, there is a feature of the old FCP7 that I REALLY miss, especially when finishing a show (after the multi-cam edit is done) - when doing sound mixing, titles/thirds, and color grading - "COLLAPSE MULTI-CAM CLIPS." This function disabled multi-cam editing, collapsing the multi-cam clip into a normal segment. When editing a multi-cam clip, the machine is pulling all of the angles in simultaneously during playback, and since I often edit on USB3 externals this is spotty when using 2 angles, and a train wreck of dropped frames when using 3 or more. I am happy to do the multi-cam edit using proxy media, but it would be great to be able to go back to original media, collapse the multi-cam clip, and be able to play-back in real-time without all the gglittching! Does anyone out there have an obvious tip or solution to this issue? Thanks! Eric D - CoralVision
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: