macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cytocau
    Information in FCPX
    Hi there, I am kind of confused with some of the FCPX settings. Today I set up a new project in FCPX (10.1.3). I used the 1080p HD settings with 25 fps - cause I am located in Europe. The camera I used for importing the material was a Canon 7D. This camera was also set to HD (1920 x 1080) with a frame rate of 25 fps. It is not specified in the camera, but as far as I know and I have been told by the Canon support, all the Canon DSLRs are shooting progressive not interlaced. After importing, I checked the information in the information-window on the right side of the FCP-surface. What I saw did not really make sense. So somehow I just felt to make a doublecheck and therefore I set up my whole OS into the English language, so that also FCP appears in English, which normally appears in German on my system. But after the doublecheck I was even more surprised. As you can see in the attached screenshot in any case I used the exact same project and film-file for comparison. In English the information for the project underneath the Info-tab said 1080p HD and in the second line it says 1920 x 1080 | 25 p. That is perfect and it is exactly what I set up. The same information for the project I can see underneath the Share-tab. That is fine too, as well as the information for the film-file which I can see in the Info-tab. The confusion starts with the information for the film-file from the Share-tab. It reads NTSC 1080p. What is that? Where does this NTSC came from? I never ever set anything to NTSC on my computer or in the preferences of FCPX. Besides 25p and NTSC doesn´t fit anyway. But what even confuses me more is the fact, that all the information in German (expect of the ones from the Info-tab of the project) shows in the second line 1920 x 1080 | 25i. Why interlaced? And why in German and not in English even though I used exactly the same project and the same source-material? Is this simply a bug? Can one trust the information at all? Thanks advance. All the best, Frank [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_44750_229603_FCP_issue.jpg] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_44750_229603_FCP_issue.jpg[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: