macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Fagijyi
    Nooby exporting issues
    Hi guys; I’m definitely not planning on becoming an FCPX power user (more of an audio guy!) but I would like to be able to trim down the odd video, so was wondering if you could help me out here with the basics. Apologies in advance for the noobiness. I imported my first video into FCP. I made sure project settings fitted the media. As a test, I wanted to export the unedited video to desktop to see whether that and the original file matched. (to see if I was doing it correctly) The export was about -10mb filesize to the original. Is some data loss unavoidable? Am I perhaps using the wrong codec? (I chose H.624 because that’s what was already present on the iPhone 4 video I was editing; I assumed that all the compression had already happened. Plus all other codecs seem to be projected at like 10 times the original filesize??) I don’t know whether this is worth mentioning also, but I’m using an unsupported graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500). The programme seemed to run fine, though, so I didn’t think much of it. I’m totally prepared to do a little more research if need be; but I was just wondering if there was any obvious initial errors I’ve made that you guys could point out to send me on my way, seeing as it is such a basic thing I’m trying to do. Also, a bonus question: what’s the main distinction between publishing and mastering? :p Many thanks, James [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_45226_276805_undefined.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_45226_276805_undefined.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: