macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MacWag
    Incorrect Links in iDVD
    How do you fix incorrect links in iDVD? In creating a project I mixed the elements of two themes. In preview mode everything works correctly but when I cut the DVD the individual chapters do not link to the correct video segment on the DVD. It is strange because the first chapter links correctly but the other chapters link to another video that I added to the Main page. I also noticed after cutting the DVD that when using the arrow keys on the keyboard the chapters are selected out of sequence. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • Keith Harper
    Re: Incorrect Links in iDVD
    You say you mixed two themes? Which two? Did you bring the video into the project before or after you mixed the themes? Sometimes when working in iDVD, I have to open a new project, make all of my changes theme-wise, and then have iMovie send the movie to iDVD into my newly created theme... seems to work better than dragging elements directly onto the menu screen. Hope this helps! Keith
  • Hisham
    Re: Incorrect Links in iDVD
    The are two different spaces here that you need to consider: First, have your iMovie with all chapter markers done WITHIN iMovie. Then you have the option to either use "send to iDVD" within iMovie, this will launch your iDVD with the different Themes. Here you cannot (or should not) do any changes to your chapter markers. Press the map button to see how your project is linked together. You will see how the markers branched your project. You can edit here, but it is better to do what needs to be done in IMovie. Your other option is to share your iMovie as full quality QT movie. Export that. Close iMovie. Start iDVD. Do any theme changes you want. Add your Movie using the "+" sign. Drag your movie EXACTLY on the newly created button, so that button changes the name to your movie name. Make final adjustments to the theme in submenu, if required or under Project, let iDVD use the theme throughout the whole project. Then you are done. Test it and it should work. Cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: