macProVideo.com
Forums
  • artmuse
    Combining many movie chapters to play thru.
    Hi, This is my first post. I put together a school DVD yearbook at the end of each year. It consists of more than a dozen i-movies. I don't seem to be able to add the individual films as chapters and then have a play all button. You have to play each movie from the chapter menu. Any way around this? Thanks Will B in Tenness
  • Martin
    Re: Combining many movie chapters to play thru.
    I don't think you can do this in iDVD ... it's even a bit difficult to do in DVD Studio Pro ... at least in the sense that you either need to know how to do complex scripting or use stories (but it's easy after that). iDVD really is meant to just connect single videos to single buttons.
  • Christian L
    As Martin said, you can't really do this in iMovie. The only thing you could do is combine all you movies into one iMovie project and do a chapter / movie. This will only work if the total amount of video won't exceed 60 or 120 minutes... depending on quality.
  • artmuse
    Thanks, Now that you can open multiple movies I can drag entire movies into a single movie and combine them all. Then create chapters to make scenes. Right? I could also save individual imovies to Digital tape and then re-import with chapter markers. to make scenes.
  • beep
    The way around this is is to make yet another movie that has all the movies and name it Play All. Export all the Movies as Full Quality QuickTime Movies. Open I DVD on it's own and drag and drop your movies including the Play AlL Movie. You may be limited to how many movies you can drop by the interface menu so you may have to find one that lets you fill it up. As long as the total content of the Movies doesn't exceed 2 hours I think you will be ok.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: