macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blakeloud
    imovie to youtube
    How can I custom set my imovies to compress to a decent quality? Right now, I can either go full quality, which is 366MB or the next best is cd-rom quality 4.4MB. There has to be a way to make it close to youtubes maximum of 100MB, right? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: imovie to youtube
    Hi Blakeloud 1. Click on File > Export 2. Compress movie for: [b]Expert settings[/b] 3. In the [i]Save exported file as[/i] window select the type of movie from the drop down selection and click on [b]Options...[/b] 4. Click on the [b]Settings[/b] button to select one of the many compression types open to Quicktime. Sorenson 3 is pretty good - but the one you choose may depend on the type of video you are compressing. Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Rounik, Thanks, but I don't see Sorenson 3. I see a Movie to 3G and a bunch of others . . . It's a 1:40 short video. Basically a slide show with a few transitions. I've uploaded it twice now and it keeps dropping whole titles and parts of the movie. Any help will help. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    what version of imovie are you running? I'm on iMovie HD 6.0.3 and this is what i get: in the [b]Save exported file as[/b] window, select [i]movie to Quicktime Movie[/i] and then click on the [b]Options[/b] button. Now clicking on the [b]Settings[/b] button gives you access to many different compression types. Can you find these options? Rounik
  • blakeloud
    yea, imovie 6.0.3 and I see all the settings under options, but not the sorenson 3. A million others though.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Blake I've just put a screen shot on sendspace of what I can see in the [b]Standard Video Compression settings[/b] window. Can you download it and see if it looks familiar, and possibly take a picture of your screen when you can't find the sorenson 3 in the menu and post it also via sendspace. To take a screen shot of the whole screen: hold down shift - command and press 3. Here's the link to what i can see: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/bnbmpd[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0bdfr I see yours, but you'll notice mine looks different. Let me know what you think. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, that's strange! Do you have Compressor the app that comes with Logic studio or FCP studio? If so, try compressor out and see if you can get sorenson 3 there. Despite not having access to sorenson... you can use other codecs which may be as good or better for youtube purposes. What version of OS X are you using? What version of Quicktime do you have? I'm on 10.4.10 with Quicktime 7.3.1 not that that should make a difference though. Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B02 SMC Version: 1.16f8 I'm on quicktime 7.4.1 Yea, I have that compressor but it doesn't seem to allow me to compress the original imovie file. Do I have to make it a full quality quickfile movie first to use that application?
  • Rounik Admin
    Select Quicktime movie in the size window select [i]native[/i]. In the Settings select [i]uncompressed[/i] You'll get a pretty big file. My 1.45 minute video at 640x480 was just over 2.1GB! You should be able to drop it into compressor from there. Is there any particular reason why you want to use sorenson and not any of the other codecs? Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: