macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blakeloud
    DVD burner suggestions
    MacProVideo, I haven't been overly impressed with the way iDVD saves projects, because I have had to re-do the menus and re-render everytime I burn another copy of a movie. Sooo, I AM LOOKING FOR THE BEST SOLUTION TO BURN HOME MADE MOVIES FROM DVD TO DVD. NOTE: The worse part is when I put in a DVD I made and it comes up as seperate Video and Audio files (.ifo, .vbo's or something). Do I have to match those Audio and Video files up, re-copy them on to my computer, and then burn with iDVD?
  • Christian L
    Re: DVD burner suggestions
    Hi Blakeout, iDVD burns your DVD this way because every commercial DVD contains at least 2 main directories : AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS... and the .VBO (Video Object File). You can choose File > Save as Disc Image and use Disk Utility or Toast to burn as many copies as you wish. You could also copy the content of your DVD to your HD, and drag it back into Toast (under VIDEO_TS) to burn it. Take care!
  • blakeloud
    Thanks Christian, I haven't been able to try this yet. Will this copy the menus and settings as well? It's super important that I get the menus exactly the same, because one of them loops over and over again so I need to make sure it will continuously loop on the new dvd as well.
  • Christian L
    Yes it should! Try it and tell me if you need more help!
  • blakeloud
    I ended up just dropping the video_ts and audio_ts into the burn folder, burned dvd and it works perfect. Hmm...is Toast a premium DVD architect software, or do you have another recommendation? thanks
  • Christian L
    Hi gain Blakeloud! Sure, you can't go wrong with Toast. It's a great software for burnng DVD and CD. I'm glad you got it wotking! Take care! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: