macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    problems exporting with .mov formats
    I made a video with snap pro z from my desktop, then imported it into imovie, added audio, but when exporting it , there is no video??? if i compress the .mov video clip to mp4 I lose all the quality!! I movie lets me create the movie but the problem lies in the exporting???? pleaze help u brilliant minds!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: problems exporting with .mov formats
    Hi What format did you record in Snapz Pro? When you say *no video* do you mean it is blank after exporting? Why codecs are you using to compress your movie from iMovie? Rounik
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    thanks for getting back to me!, It was the trial version of snap that I used so I don't think it gave me an option other than the quality ratio, the trial version was suffice to get what, I needed, all I know is the file states. .mov and yes after exporting all i see is a black blank movie, yet the audio attached via imovie plays. not sure what codecs is??? is that the small medium large for ipod, apple tv etc? It only gave me the options of small and medium. info says on the movie fileKIND: quicktime movie Size 370.3mb, dimensions 639/479 CODECS: Animation!
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    also in case someone gets back to me I have another related ?? I downloaded a trial version of snap pro z that is now expired to accomplish what i sort of wanted. Can you use an external camera also video with the photo booth filters and then with some sort of 3rd party like snap pro or better, rip and capture those images or videos?? I was able on a small scale accomplish this with snap pro and the built in isight camera running photobooth effects , is there better way of doing this or other programs catering to this kind of things with cool effects and features, the problem with isight camera is low resolution.
  • Rounik Admin
    Strange. What version of iMovie are you running & what version of OS X? Re: Snapz Pro, I tried it out a year or so ago and found ishowU and Screenflow to be easier applications to use. I guess you could use an external camera with Photobooth on Leopard - haven't tried that before. Should be fine though. You could try capturing from your camera straight into iMovie or Quicktime Pro and then putting effects on your movie clips in iMovie.
  • Christian L
    [quote:39467]I made a video with snap pro z from my desktop, then imported it into imovie, added audio, but when exporting it , there is no video??? if i compress the .mov video clip to mp4 I lose all the quality!! I movie lets me create the movie but the problem lies in the exporting???? pleaze help u brilliant minds![/quote] This is a known problem with Snapz Pro. The "animation" Codec causes this export problem. You could use Quicktime Pro to convert the video to another Codec and import it back in iMovie.
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    mac 10.4.11, imovie 08 7.1.1
  • BONGOLICIOUS
    what is quicktime pro? how to obtain it, quality decrease??
  • Christian L
    Hi, You can learn more about Quicktime Pro here : [url]http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/[/url] You can buy Quicktime Pro here : [url]http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=D3380Z/A[/url] Take care!
  • Rounik Admin
    quicktime pro is a more fully featured version of quicktime: [url]http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/[/url] You get it free if you have any of the pro app suites, e.g. Logic Studio, Final Cut Studio, otherwise you can purchase it (follow the link above). However, if you have iMovie you can record from your external camera easily and then play around with the effects. I still use iMovie HD 6 mainly but iMovie 08 can import external video camera footage easily. Once you have your video clips in imovie you don't need an application like snapz pro or even quicktime pro. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: