macProVideo.com
Forums
  • davidgion
    I MOVIE 6 - 8 FILES
    hi everyone..Well I do know that it does get a little foggy when it comes down to BE clean and neat as far keeping the files in order BUT AS YOU KEEP CHOPING AND CUTTING AND.. how to be sure you're doing the right thing without having files laying around all over the place...1 seperate HD but are we sure that it still safe 100%...david THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: I MOVIE 6 - 8 FILES
    Hi David, You're right, good file organization skills are very important! The good thing about an iMovie project is that it saves a copy of the media files within itself. To see the media files within an iMovie project: 1. CTRL-Click on the file in the Finder. 2. Choose "View Package Contents" 3. Navigate to the Media folder. - Don't move any items within the package as this may mess up your iMovie project... Anyway, It might help to organize your media by using a folder and naming convention system e.g. HD/Movie/Project files/01_*date*_*title*[i](or)[/i]*client*.mov That would be an example of creating an easy to find system with associated folder to keep assets in. Also, although backing up to external HD is extremely good practice, remember that HD's can fail and you may even overwrite some important data by mistake. For really important files keep a second back up. Some would recommend using dead media (DVD/CD) for each project as opposed to an HD. This is the question you're asking, right? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: