macProVideo.com
Forums
  • davidgion
    WHAT'S GOING ON NOW?
    PLease help, I did try to open I movie 8 ,but nothing it won't, while 6 no problem..must say that I did get the version 6 after I already had the 8 on leopard first,could this be it,....plus I'm trying hard to find a way so I can store all my videofiles onto one HD but Rounik was right is not that simple and I'm going nuts,cause I do also Musik and I'm trying my best to keep things clean but the harder I try ,the worst it gets....anyway my I movie 8 won't open anymore....it will for a sec and disappears right before my eyes what to do....thank you again...you did help me a lot last time I was in trouble but really guys ..whatta helll.Great work to all of you at MACPRO ..DAVID
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: WHAT'S GOING ON NOW?
    Hi David! right, don't worry, we'll go through this step by step... Have you tried repairing permissions? 1. quit all applications. 2. Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility 3. Select your mac's HD 4. In the First Aid tab select Repair permissions. 5. When finished, quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac. If this doesn't work there are a few other things we will try. Let me know. Best Rounik
  • davidgion
    Re: WHAT'S GOING ON NOW? 2
    thanks Rounik,I did what you've told me what it does is that it opens for the new project to get started but right after I'm done with setting up -16,9 or else it fades away twards the right side, never to be found..thanks something else?David desperado
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: WHAT'S GOING ON NOW? 2
    Hi David Have you run software update...to update the latest version of iLife 08 apps? Rounik
  • davidgion
    Re: WHAT'S GOING ON NOW? 3
    I DID ,you know I have a feeling that if I trash hd6 it will work... BUT I don't want to...we'll see....thanks I won't give up...anyway somthing strange happens I have it on space #2 and it does fade away twards the right and when I click to get a look at the spaces I see it...weird...thanks D
  • Rounik Admin
    I don't think you should trash iMovie HD6 yet. Try disabling spaces and see if it works ok. Also, it would be a good idea to create a new account and try iMovie 08 there. If it works then it could narrow it down to being some funky settings with your main account. If that still doesn't work try deleting iMovie 08 and reinstalling it from the original disks. Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, You don't seem to be alone in this situation. There are lots of talk about this on Apple's Discussions forum. I read a post where someone solved a similar problem by removing DivX 5 - 2nd.component file from HD/Library/QuickTime. If you try this, just don't delete the file so you can replace it if it doesn't work. Also, it could be worth deleting the iMovie preferences. Christian
  • davidgion
    Sorry Rounik what do you mean by new account I had it all along when I bought Leopard....and thanks Christian
  • davidgion
    How about time machine
  • Rounik Admin
    In Mac OS X you can set up multiple user accounts on the same mac. Go to system preferences > Accounts. Set up a new account with admin level permissions. Switch to your new account and try launching imovie 08 from the new account. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: