macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: WHAT'S GOING ON NOW? 3
    [quote:33487]How about time machine[/quote] Did you set time machine up before this all happened? Either way, I'd also try what Christian suggested and move the plist file for iMovie 08 to see if that helps. Cheers Rounik
  • davidgion
    yep
  • davidgion
    I did know how to work with t.machine to get my stuff back ..been awhile could you give me a hint pleaseeeeeee.....since I don't want to mess up...DAVID
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, I haven't set up Time Machine on my new system yet, but here's what the Help in OS X advises: To restore files: "Open a window for the item you want to restore. (e.g. Applications/) Click the Time Machine icon in the Dock. If Time Machine isnât in the Dock, look for it in the Applications folder. Use the arrows or the timeline along the right side of your screen to browse through all the backups Time Machine has created. If you need more information about an item, double-click to preview it. The windows behave just like Finder windows, so you can open folders, click items in the sidebar, and use the search field in the upper-right corner of the window. When you find the item you want to restore, select it and then click Restore. You can restore individual items, multiple items, folders, or your entire hard disk. If an item you restore has the same name as another item on your computer, youâre asked if you want to keep the current item, the restored item, or both." Cheers Rounik
  • davidgion
    time machine didn't work,I'm in pain lol,who knows...the wierd thing is that I see it but when it comes to upload it disappears,could be cause I have final cut as well?...but really the problem came, when I downloaded the old one...sorry Rounik I'm driving crazy
  • Rounik Admin
    have you tried re-installing imovie from the original disc? Rounik
  • davidgion
    I guess I will ..I think you mean the mac os x leopard RIGHT ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, you should have two install disks that came with your MBP. iLife will be on one of these. Run the installer to install just iMovie 08. Take your time looking through the options available to make sure you select just iMovie 08. Let us know how you get on. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: