macProVideo.com
Forums
  • lib
    cannot burn my idvd project
    hi, im using imovie 06hd and idvd 06 with the latest up dates. im trying to put a video film together of my little cousins christening. everytime i try to burn my idvd project it goes through all the process of encoding the video and audio which takes a long time. then when it gets to the burn section it stops and it says error multiplexing and burning. the duration of the film is 74 mins. i tried it on best performance and best quality but still no luck is it really that hard to burn a dvd project. this happened to me 4 years ago on an older mac and older imovie. this time i thought they may have sorted out there issuse with burning dvd. am i missing anything. i tried to burn it in toast but after the encoding an error appears. is there anything i can do to get my project on dvd cheers lib
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: cannot burn my idvd project
    Hi Lib, Try burning the project to a disk image. When it's finished - see how large the disk image file is. It may be your file is too big to fit on a DVD? Also, have you burnt DVD's using iDVD between 4 years ago and now? Have you had any issues? Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Try reducing the quality and performance too and burning to DVD. Rounik
  • lib
    hi rounik thank you for your speedy response im at this moment burning to disk image so ill keep you posted. but i went into get info in idvd and the files says 4.2gb which is 74mins. maybe its not showing true size, i dont know. i know a disk holds 4.7 so thought i had enough space yeah the strangest thing when i tried burning dvd 4 years ago was when i bought my laptop years ago (titanium one) they gave me a free apple blank dvd. so i burnt a dvd project with it and came out perfect. so i went to my local shop to buy more dvds. i made sure they were -r dvds, and think it was a top branded one, tried to do it again and no joy. i kid you not i must have spent about £40 to £50 buying different types of dvd and all wasted. so i gave up. i was so angry and tired of waiting. thought whats the point. i thought it was the software, maybe at the time burning home movie dvds was quite new so i waited and 4 years later nothing changed i dont know if this helps could really do with help on this cheers lib
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:25998] yeah the strangest thing when i tried burning dvd 4 years ago was when i bought my laptop years ago (titanium one) they gave me a free apple blank dvd. so i burnt a dvd project with it and came out perfect. so i went to my local shop to buy more dvds. i made sure they were -r dvds, and think it was a top branded one, tried to do it again and no joy. i kid you not i must have spent about ã40 to ã50 buying different types of dvd and all wasted. so i gave up. i was so angry and tired of waiting. thought whats the point. [/quote] Funny! I had exactly the same issue with my titanium Powerbook when i bought it too. Then I tried Verbatim DVD's and they worked just fine. Still that brand today, as aside from the odd bad dvd they work just fine for me. Cheers Rounik
  • lib
    im now using powerpc 2 ghz with 3,5 memory. more powerful than my laptop ill get some and see if it works. lib
  • lib
    hello rounik, i bought the Verbatim DVD's and still no joy, iv tried so many different settings, best quality, best performance, standard screen setting, wide screen setting. nothing. im now in the middle of save as burn disk image and see if i can burn it from there. if not im gonna borrow my cousins external dvd burner and see if it will work. if ot i have no idea what to do. can you please help anyone.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Lib, really sorry to hear this. There are two options really... get an external dvd burner or try and have an apple store look at/repair your dvd drive. By the way, the options I would choose are to lower quality and lower performance. Also, when your disc image is created, use Applications/uilities/Disk Utility to burn it to DVD. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Is this problem only occuring with a movie DVD ? Are you able to burn a data DVD ?
  • lib
    hello christian, yeah i can burn a data dvd, its just when i try to burn my dvd project it dont like me. ok i saved my dvd project as an dvd.img file. (4.0gb) in toast 9 i select the convert heading and select image file, once i do that i dvd DVD icon appears on my desktop and it starts to render or something like that. i cant remember but it takes a long time for it to do its thing. once its done i dvd.m4v file appears (1.61gb) now im confused, i have a disc.img, a dvd icon that when i double click on it it shows Audio_ts and Video_ts and i have dvd.m4v. which one do i use to burn on dvd. i then went into disc utilities and click the burn icon, i selected the dvd.img on my desktop and an error appears, " Unable to burn DVD.img - the device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry.." i hope i have made sense. thanks again for your help guys, i really appreciate this.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: