macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: cannot burn my idvd project
    Hi lib, I don't fully understand. Why did you use Toast 9 to convert...? I ask, because it should be simpler than that with Disk Image: 1. Select the disk image if it appears in the list of disks and volumes, and then click Burn in the toolbar. Otherwise, click Burn in the toolbar, and then select a disk image from the dialog that appears. 2. Insert a recordable CD or DVD disc into the optical drive of your computer and follow the onscreen instructions. Is that what you did? Rounik
  • lib
    yeah i did it the way you said as well still no joy, BUT i just received my cousins dvd burner and it works. can you believe it, it works. this leads me to believe that the dvd writers that come with the mac are rubbish. i cant believe i cant burn using my internal dvd writer. can i buy a new internal dvd writer and install it myself. or is it a tricky job. any make or types of dvd burner, maybe a dual layer one. the external dvd burner im using is icy box. have you heard of this make. also which dvd burner would you recommend, as i will have to give this one back. thanks guys for your help,
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Lib, Glad the external works. Can you confirm that this is the DVD writer in your G5? I don't understand why it works burning data dvd's and not a project from iDVD. very strange. sounds like you've been unlucky, as I've not encountered a problem like this before. I would NOT recommend that you install an internal dvd writer yourself on a laptop or even a desktop unless you really, really know what you are doing. Best to go to an apple authorised centre or an apple store and ask them if this is possible. Where abouts are you based in UK? I might be able to recommend somewhere... As for external dvd writers, I've never heard of "icy box". I have used Lacie drives which have worked well for me. Best to do a lot of research on google for a few external drives. I know Formac is popular too and a cheaper option - but i have no ideas about reliability issues. Cheers Rounik
  • lib
    hi Rounik yeah its the one that came with the G5 when i bought it in 2005. think the dvd writer is sony but ill have to confirm that as im not near my G5. yeah its either bad luck or maybe the dvd writers at the time were not good enough. it is annoying that is doesnt work and i had to rely on a external dvd writer. i had plenty of space on my hard drive and disc, selected the correct settings. i was able to burn normal audio cd;s and data dvds, just couldnt get it to burn idvd project. ill do some research on the external dvd. im based in north london near edmonton/tottenham. i was thinking of doing it myself but ur right best to get the pros to do it. thanks again rounik and christian, i know where to come next time for help. keep up the good work cheers lib
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:25998] thanks again rounik and christian, i know where to come next time for help. keep up the good work cheers lib[/quote] Thanks Lib! Much appreciated. If you decide to get the G5's DVD writer looked at it might be easiest for you to go to Regent Street Apple store or perhaps the one in Brent Cross? Would be a good idea to call them first or book an appointment via the apple website. If you get any further info about the issue or any solution to post back! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: