macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blakeloud
    ppt to idvd
    Hello, I'm hoping to put a powerpoint presentation in place of the slideshow on iDVD...what are my chances of this working? If this isn't a possibility, I just need a good way to view a ppt without all the tool bars and everything. I'm hoping to drop a dvd off for a client and have them view the ppt like it was a movie...? do you have any ideas? thanks ryan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ppt to idvd
    Hi Ryan, There are a couple of ways to do this depending on how you want it on the DVD. If you want the slide show to be a movie, select File > Make Movie... in Powerpoint, then import the movie into iDVD. If you want each slide of your slideshow as a photo, select File > Save as... choose to save the entire slideshow as individual jpeg pictures. In iDVD select add slideshow and add the jpegs. Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Beautiful...thanks Rounik. I found the "make movie" choice shortly after I posted this, but I didn't know you could save each slide as individual jpegs. Thanks again. Ryan
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Ryan, I discovered the ability to save slides as individual jpegs thanks to your question ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • wordartist
    Not sure if anyone will respond after all this time - here's hoping. I want to make a dvd from a powerpoint - as I presently have text that flies in on various slides, will that be a problem in the conversion? I can omit that and just keep the full tect required on each slide. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi wordartist, Do the posts above not help with your question? You can export the slides to video... or is there something else you wish to achieve? :) Rounik
  • wordartist
    Thanks so much for your response. As I want to narrate a voice over with the slides, I am assuming I can go to garage band and do the same thing - import slide by slide? Before I start, should I eliminate the animations that make the text fly in? Can you recommend a mike for a better sound quality on the voice overâ and ideally let me know if there is a place to rent such a mike?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi wordartist, Not sure why you want to export each slide and forgo the transitions you've created... Personally, I'd use the: File > Make Movie... command in PP and then import the movie into either Garageband or iMovie and narrate over the top of the presentation. Alternatively, it might be a good idea to script your narration to know how long a movie you're going to want to create... Wow... microphones... well, this really depends on your budget. I would recommend purchasing one... don't know of your location so can't recommend a place to rent a microphone. You can get a decent USB Mic for under 50GBP or spend close to 2000GBP ;-) With microphones you really get what you pay for, but you can get some decent enough sounding mics quite cheaply. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: