macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blakeloud
    titles
    It's frustrating enough that I loose so much quality importing jpegs in to iMovie, but how come the Titles look so fantastic in the preview, but so crappy once you've added them to the timeline? Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of my jpegs and or at least the tiltes that I've created in iMovie? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: titles
    Hi Blakeloud, Which version of iMovie are you talking about? Rounik
  • blakeloud
    iMovie 06.
  • Rounik Admin
    How do the jpeg titles look when you've exported them? Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    No, I've created the Titles in iMovie. They look amazing in the preview, but look terrible when I add them to the timeline. I may have confused you when I also mentioned that I was losing quality importing jpegs as well. I realize I'm going to lose some quality converting a jpeg to a .mov file...thats fine. I really don't understand how the titles created within iMovie can look so bad (and different) from the preview to the timeline.
  • Rounik Admin
    sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post ;-) I meant: When you export the movie from iMovie how is the quality of the titles then? Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Oh, you mean in to iDvd? Yea, they still look bad. Thats when it was brought to my attention actually...
  • Rounik Admin
    ok. 1. well what about when you export to a high quality quicktime movie....? 2. Is there any stretching of the image? Try reinserting a jpeg into the movie that is the same resolution and dimensions as your imovie project. (e.g. if you are working in widescreen match the actual size of the picture to the size of the video). 3. What compression mode and codec are you exporting your imovie project to? Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    hang on...i think we are getting ahead of ourselves, because the titles are losing quality before I export anything at all. You can see the difference in poor quality just within iMovie. Do you understand? When you make a title, on a black background, in iMovie, the preview looks great...then, you add it to the timeline below, and it looks terrible. You with me yet? I think we need to address that problem before going on with the exporting issues. thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    sure. So can you tell me the size and resolution of the jpeg image you insert into imovie please. Also, what video format are you working in? DV? DV widescreen? HDV 1080i....etc What do you mean the titles "look terrible"? Are they stretched? Is the jpeg a small part of the title on a black background...? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: