macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blakeloud
    Re: titles
    working with DV-NTSC iMovie 06... Nothing to do with jpegs, lets drop that part of it. 1. Try making a title over a black background, using red as your font color. 2. Notice how clear it looks in the preview window... 3. Select "add" title to the timeline and notice how pixelated the text looks. It's hard to miss, it's like night and day really.
  • Rounik Admin
    Interesting. Before I read your post I was doing just that...adding a title over black. With white text and blue text the preview and applied titles are almost exactly the same. But with red text on black I see what you mean! The preview title is clear and crisp and the applied title is pixellated and fuzzy. I'm going to try a few other colours out to see if that makes a difference. Please do the same. Can you let me know your system specs please. Mine are in my profile. Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Really, it's just red? I agree that the white isn't as noticeable...weird. I'm glad we're on the same page now at least. here are my specs. Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:39411]Really, it's just red? I agree that the white isn't as noticeable...weird. I'm glad we're on the same page now at least. [/quote] Yes, it helps to be singing off the same hymn sheet! I should have been more specific... what version of OS X are you using? By the way you can put this info and your mac type in here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/account/forum[/url] it makes it easier for others to see when reading any of your posts... ;-) Back to the issue. Red tends to have a lot of bleed so it's much more noticeable than other colours - but there is a distinct degradation in quality between when you preview a title and when it is applied and added to the time line. Apparently some say titles will look better on a tv screen rather than the mac monitor! I haven't tested this out so can't say one way or the other. In this situation it'll be better to use non-seriff fonts like arial or helvetica and avoid using red. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • blakeloud
    Hey Rounik, Thanks, I thought I'd let you know I ended up getting my company to purchase a copy of Final Cut Studio 2. Thats one way to solve it. I added on to a recent thread in the FCP forum, so I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again b
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:39411]Hey Rounik, Thanks, I thought I'd let you know I ended up getting my company to purchase a copy of Final Cut Studio 2. Thats one way to solve it. b[/quote] I like the sound of your company ;-) I've replied to you FCS post too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: