macProVideo.com
Forums
  • hanso43
    converting DVD
    Hi Rounik, Please can you help me. I am a real newby in this matters. I have a dvd which I want to edit (put some more sounds effects on and etc) in iMovie 8 and after having it edited to burn it again as an DVD in iDVD. I have an iMac 24" use QT and VLC as viewer, but VOB files are not accepted in iMovie. I used Wondershare iPod suite to convert the DVD and that worked fine on my Ipod, but when I play it in full screen or dvd player the quality is very poor, which I think is understandable. What program do I need to use that first of all can read the original dvd files and secondly can convert them to a format iMovie 8 can read without losing the original quality. I am living in Thailand and it is difficult to get an licensed Quick Time pro version here.can not buy with my visa. Can you suggest thanks in advance Hans Oranje
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: converting DVD
    Hi Hans, There are probably DVD rippers (that will convert vob files to mpeg or .mov files). Best if you google this as I've never tried this. Try typing in something like "VOB + iMovie 08" Be careful as well... if you are ripping the vob files from a commerial dvd and using it in iMovie, you might be breaking the law? By the way, Quicktime pro doesn't convert VOB files. Cheers Rounik
  • hanso43
    Re: converting DVD
    hi Rounik, Thanks I will try to google it. Btw the dvd is not a commercial one. thanks Hans
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: