macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Aspect ratio changes on import to i-Movie!
    No problem Sean - just hope you managed to stay awake / make sense of the gist while reading my post ;-) Not stuck...no... but it does mean you don't have DVD Studio Pro... I've been talking to a friend who knows more than me (about everything!) and she suggested that you make the changes I suggested in my previous post in FCE (aspect ratio etc) and then output it as I suggested. Next, drop it into iDVD (before doing this check the preferences to make sure it's set to 16:9 and 29.97fps if this is possible) and then create a new project. Now drag your movie in to iDVD (not in the drop boxes unless you want it playing as part of the menu). She suggested to burn the DVD despite what seems to be squashed picture and test it on a TV and a computer. You may well notice that it looks different on both these outputs and hopefully, it will have retained it's 16:9. The reason the quality may not look great could be down to the jpg picture compression you applied to the video when exporting from FCE. Using the "Current settings" option will output it at it's best quality setting with as little compression as possible i think. Give it a try and do let me know how it goes. I wish I'd asked for a long clip of your video now! It's great. Did you compose the soundtrack yourself too? Cheers Rounik
  • Sean
    Re: Aspect ratio changes on import to i-Movie!
    Hi Rounik, Ok, I'll work on those suggestions you gave me tomorrow. Thanks to you and your friend for all your help, its great. As for my DVD, please go to YouTube and type in Sean Hargreaves Design. There you hopefully will find the entire video of my design work. Make sure you choose 'View at high quality', under the 'views' tag at the lower right of the screen. Although I play electronic music similar to what is on the video, it is actually Brian Eno. Hope you like it, Best, Sean
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: