macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Starinova
    widescreen movies from final cut pro
    Hi My issue is that Imovie hd 6 is squashing all widescreen HD QT files that have been exported from Final Cut Pro 5. In Imovie, the QT clip stretches vertically with a gray bar on the left side. I know I have exported FCP clips to QT files and then imported into IMOVIE without issue before. FCP: Setting of clip is 1440x1080 and compressor setting is 1080i60. Imovie: setting is widescreen 1080 Strange thing is that on existing IMOVIE projects, previous QT files created in FCP play and display fine, but if I take the SAME clip and re-import it into IMOVIE, it distorts it as described above. Any ideas as to what is going on?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: widescreen movies from final cut pro
    Hi Starinova, Welcome to the MacproVideo forums! Does this thread help you at all: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/video/imovie-idvd&id=10878[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Starinova
    Hi Rounik Sorry for the delay in the reply. Out of town. Regarding the thread you suggested, I'm not sure if that's the issue or not. I was working on a project a month ago, and I'm certain that Imovie was able to grab FCP Scratch files without distorting them. I have a suspicion that a recent QuickTime update may have caused the problem. I've read a lot about QT7.5 causing problems with FCP and I wonder if that's the problem. I think I upgraded from QT7.4.5 to QT 7.5 after I started on the project. I'm going to check out another computer I have with an older QT to see if that's the problem. I'll let you know. Phil
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem for the delay Phil. I'd be interested to know what results you get using an older version of QT. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: