macProVideo.com
Forums
  • hummingbird
    make tv movie from idvd movie
    How can I burn a hd movie for tv. I can burn a movie using the burn disc for quick time and a mpg movie. I can put the mpg movie on a disk and the dvd player recognizes the folder, but doesn't open it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: make tv movie from idvd movie
    Hi hummingbird & welcome to the forums ! Are you creating the DVD in iDVD and then burning to disc? Does the disc work on your Mac using DVD Player? Also, another question or two ;), what version of iDVD and iMovie are you using? Cheers Rounik
  • hummingbird
    imovie8 i am creating the dvd and burning to disc. it is working on my mac, both as a quick time movie and as a mpg. movie.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hummingbird, When you say it works on your mac, when you put the DVD disc in your mac, does it open automatically with DVD Player? or are you opening the disc and playing an .mpeg file? Cheers Rounik
  • hummingbird
    no I guess the real problem then is which selection I chose under share to save to a cd for my mother's cd player
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, I think I understand your issue. Please tell me if I have misunderstood. - Create your movie in iMovie08 - Choose: Share > Export movie... - Choose "Large" and export it. - Open iDVD (in your Applications folder) - Choose "Magic DVD" for now as this is the easiest way to start creating a DVD in my opinion. - Select the theme. - Find the movie you created and drag it into the appropriate box. - Click "Preview" to see what your finished DVD will look like when played. Once you are happy with the DVD you have created click on the Burn button in the bottom right and follow the instructions. Hope this works for you. Do let us know if you need any further assistance. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: