macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Arnie
    Rotating frames in imovie 06
    Is there a way to flip a scene or rotate it when making a movie in 06? In other words let's say I wanted to turn a scene upside down, does anyone know how to do that with a video scene? I guess I have the same question about blowing up a scene. Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Rotating frames in imovie 06
    Hi Ajay, welcome to the forums :-) There isn't a solution inside iMovie HD 6 to do that, but I'm aware of a plug-in you can download for free (that I have never used) called "Turn Clip". You can find it here: [url]http://imovieplugins.com/plugs/turnclip.html[/url] Let me know if that works well for you. BTW, iMovie 08 has a rotation and crop clip feature built-in. Cheers Rounik
  • Arnie
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I feel more comfortable with 06 now. I didn't like the way the audio tracks had to be handled in 08 if you wanted to make interior edits. I like to be able to see track and picture at the same time and 08 didn't make that easy if at all. I have Final Cut Express on my new imac and will start to learn it soon. I would imagine that all of those kind of effects are available. Meantime I'll try your solution. Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, FCE definitely can do this and much much more :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Arnie
    Once the Turn Clip is downloaded (and unstuffed) where should I drop it? Into Applications or does it go into imovie somewhere? Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ajay, if you are using an intel mac then i think you should use the top download link... once it's unziped, there should be a .dmg file. Double click it to open, and then double click the installer icon. It will be installed in the correct location and will appear in iMovie HD under Video FX (at the bottom of the list). Cheers Rounik
  • Arnie
    Rounik, That works great. Thanks for the advice. There are tons of stuff that cf/x has that relate to effects for imovie. Ajay
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ajay, No problem! Let us know of any of the cf/x plug-ins for iMovie HD you recommend :-) Cheers Rounik
  • lili
    Hey! Once rotated, what happens to the sound ;-) Thanks a lot!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: