macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gacamia
    Video Camcorder
    I am new to Video. I am a producer and I need to compliment my business by getting into video production. I need advice on getting a Camcorder. I would like to do professional productions that would be accepted by TV and Cable stations. I don't have much cash. What can I get for under a grand?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Video Camcorder
    Hi Stingie, when you say "a grand" are you talking US dollars? Also, I presume you're interested in filming in HD quality? I've been using the Canon HV20 and have been mightily impressed with it! Some of the content we have shot has been used for commercial purposes (training & education videos - DVD, Broadcast & Web quality). The Canon HV30 looks even better. Needs a tripod though ;-) Both are tape based solutions (which IMHO is still a better way to go than hard disk or DVD). You may need to do some research into what quality these TV and Cable stations will accept. Cheers Rounik
  • Gacamia
    Yes. One thousand US ($1,000)If I am filming in HD would I need an HDTV for playback?
  • Rounik Admin
    Your Mac can playback HD content. If you film in HD, you can always convert it to SD (standard definition) later anyway. Check out the Canon HV30 by googling it and finding reviews etc. I think it's just within your budget. What kind of videos are you looking to make? You might also find this thread useful: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/video/final-cut-pro&id=12824[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Gacamia
    I am looking at AVI and Quicktime. Thanks for the replies.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Stingie, The Quicktime codec can be in SD or HD... If you capture the video using an HD tape based camera you then need to transfer it to your Mac at best quality possible, edit it and when you're finished then think about exporting it to the different codecs, sizes and quality settings depending on the medium of delivery. There are many file compression types available to Quicktime and many resolutions sizes. HD really refers to the dimensions of the video. For example, 1080i would be 1920 x 1080 in size. Standard DVD is only 720x576 (PAL) or 720x486 (NTSC - 4:3 screen ratio). Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: