macProVideo.com
Forums
  • stickamup
    Video Format Question
    My girlfriend has just got started using imovie. She's turning a load of home movies into a DVD for her sisters 21st. She's saved the film clips for editing, but has saved them as M-peg4 and about 30mins of video is about 4.6 Gig. This seems way too much and has eaten up her hard disk. What is the best format to save the videos in considering she wants to give it as a DVD eventually. Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, had a look about to see if this is up already, but couldn't find anything.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Video Format Question
    Hi stickamup, This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the quality of the original videos, the size of the video etc... m-peg4 is the correct format that DVD will use in the final stages - so personally I tend to use video which is of a higher quality or m-peg4 when preparing content for a DVD. Video work can take massive amounts of hard disk space, so I'd recommend purchasing an external hard drive - firewire 400/800 is preferable or USB2 is the next best option - and import and save your content onto that drive. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: