macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zorytio
    Capture 30fps with any webcam?
    Hey guys, I bought many tutorials from you, so I thought I'd ask a question of you. Maybe for your video experts. Does anyone knows a "webcam/software solution" for my needs... or the mechanics of video cameras... as to why I'm having this issue. Or if it's just not possible yet with the latest technology & why. I am trying to capture quick ideas on my instruments with a webcam, but my hand motion is always blurry! Is it possible to capture med-fast motion video with "ANY" webcam.... "WITHOUT" the blurring? (in my case... my hands moving on the piano & guitar) I've been told to get the Logictech Quickcam Vision Pro, but I think it's the software. I can set up my big bulky Sony Digital camera overhead on a sturdy boom, and then transfer that into the Mac, but I'd rather have a nice light weight webcam (or ?)... ready to capture quick ideas w/o all the setup & transfer etc. I've tried many webcams now but still blurring. Every webcam I tried .. my hands are blury... even worse for overhead piano shots. http://web.me.com/absorbmusic/Absorb_Music/webcam.html I hooked my Sony DV cam into QT and recorded realtime into QT.. and got a clean hand motion... 30 fps, but thru my built-in MBP I get only 10 fps and no way to adjust it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Capture 30fps with any webcam?
    [quote:6349]Hey guys, I bought many tutorials from you, so I thought I'd ask a question of you. [/quote] Hi Eric, you can even ask us questions if you haven't bought our whole range of tutorials ;-)) What webcam are you currently using? I know some people have had issues using the iSight built in to their mac's at high frame rates... i know things like poor lighting can affect "blur" but most likely your cam doesn't support high frame rates. There's an interesting topic on this over on the apple discussions: [url]http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7426848[/url] I'd thought the sony DV cam did pretty well at 30fps - pity it's not smaller :) Maybe Yadj can offer some pro video insight (pun intended) on this topic... Cheers Rounik
  • Zorytio
    Thanks for the response. I have tried many webcams, but I'm using my MBP built-in iSight... and I also have the orig iSight, and have tried the Logitech 9000... etc I've read so much on this, and still no answer. In that Apple Discussions, that poster was wrong about iMovie capturing at 30fps, with those settings. At least I am not able to make it do it. I am sure there must be a solution out there somewhere. I just want a quick & easy way to record video of my music ideas without the hand blurring.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Eric, My feeling on this (which is not scientific yet) is that the iSight will not support frame rates of 30fps - so it seems to be a hardware issue... From a little googling I've discovered the following cams that support 30fps: [url]http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Webcams:1015-System%20Type=Mac:b=16[/url] HTH, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: