macProVideo.com
Forums
  • manda
    iMovie Help??
    I an fairly new to iMovie and am working in iMovie6. How do you create a WHITE background?? Everytime I start a new movie it's automatically a black background. How do I make it white? I need to import about 50 jpg logo files and it puts a black mask around every one of them. I'd LOVE to simply import the logos onto a white background. There must be some way. Also...Why must it RENDER each one? And it puts 5 seconds on every jpg clip. How do I edit that? Thanks so much for any help at all! Manda
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iMovie Help??
    Hi Manda & welcome to the forums :) iMovie HD 6 needs to render effects and transitions to each clip. However, iMovie 09 (current version and part of iLife 09) can add effects and transitions in real time without the need to keep rendering :) In the Timeline viewer drag a clip to the right to create a space. Switch to the Clip viewer mode and you'll see that iMovie has created a plain black clip. Select the clip and choose File > Show Info... In the Show Info window you can choose the colour of the clip and set the duration too. Let me know if that helps :) Rounik
  • manda
    I did find a button the reads "Show Photo Settings" which allowed me to edit the time it shows in the time line but there is no place anywhere to edit the background color of the entire timeline/movie screen. There must be some way. Also, I have about 75 jpg images that I need to import...Do I need to EDIT the time of EACH ONE and the background color of every one? That would be sooo time consuming. There has to be a more productive way. Any recommendations? thx!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Manda, Unfortunately in iMovie HD6 I believe you cannot batch edit the duration of multiple clips. However, here is a quick tip: double click on a clip in the Clips Pane or the Clip Viewer to edit the duration. btw, "Show Photo Settings" is only applicable to photos in your iPhoto Library right? Also, I don't think iMovie 6 allows the user to set the background of well... nothing... That will AFAIK always be black. I would always recommend getting the pictures the correct size before bringing them into iMovie HD. Again, I believe this is possible in iMovie 09... HTH, Rounik
  • manda
    Thank you for all your help!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! Hope your project works out ok. Let us know if you need any help in the future :) Rounik
  • ejja
    I found this thread while attempting to do the same thing as Manda, but in imovie9. I can't seem to figure out how to go about it. Any tips?
  • Rounik Admin
    H ejja, Welcome to the forums! In iMovie 09 to create a simple plain color background quickly I use a Title. Drag any of the titles like 'Lower/Upper/Echo" etc into your project as a clip. From the Choose Background window pick the color or texture of your choice. You can then delete the text that would appear by selecting it and pressing the delete key. Hope that helps Rounik btw, the iMovie 09 tutorial is very comprehensive if you are interested in learning more: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/imovie09101[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: