macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hotfoot
    iDVD not accepting movie from iMovie
    Hi There. Hope somebody can help..Am running Power iMac G5 1.8GHZ maxed out with 2GB RAM. Had to upgrade OSX from Panther to Leopard so could run LOGIC PRO 7.2. But then discovered that my iDVD didn't work anymore. Bought iLife 08 and installed everything but iMovie. (Installation notes says that iMovie 08 needs 1.9GHZ processor) So I have iMovie 5.0.2 (from iLife 05) and iDVD 7.0.1 (from iLife 08). Now, iDVD will not accept command from iMovie to accept SHARE. iDVD will boot up but it has nothing imported into memory from iMovie to work on. Was it too ambitious of me to expect this to work ? Its times like this that I feel like going back to PC
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iDVD not accepting movie from iMovie
    Hi Hotfoot, Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about this issue... but why did you expect iMovie 05 to be fully compatible with both OS X Leopard and iLife 08? It's really important to check system requirements before purchasing software. btw, Leopard is NOT required to run Logic Pro 7.2. There are still many OS X Tiger users (10.4.11) running Logic 7.2. It's unfortunate that you didn't download iMovie 6 HD from the Apple website for free before it was discontinued in January, maybe that would have worked better? What I would suggest is to export the movie from iMovie 05 and then import the movie into iDVD 08. HTH Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: