macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hitdoggie
    Can I do this in iMovie?
    Thank you in advance for the replies. The dish: I am thinking of running a study where I will need to manipulate a video I shoot. The problem is twofold. One, can you blur just faces in iMovie? Two, I will need to rip all the audio out of the movie, splice it apart and enter it back into the movie at strategic spots. I used to go to music school, so I have had lots of experience messing around with audio, and I now how to export audio from iMovie and how to splice it apart, etc. The issue I have is plugging it back in at strategic spots. Is this possible in iMovie? Big Picture: I need people to appear to be saying things they didn't originally say. If any of the above is not possible what third party software will I need...or should I rethink using a different program altogether? If so which one? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can I do this in iMovie?
    Hi Hitdoggie, Welcome to the forums :) If the faces move across the screen... it's gonna be difficult in iMovie. You could import a picture (blur/black stipe) into iMovie 09 and using picture in picture feature place that layer ontop of the face... but have it tracking with the face... I've never tried it. Final Cut can do this... Motion 3 (part of Final Cut STudio2) can do this in a easier way if the blur needs to "stick" on the face in the video as it moves... The second issue with sound.... yes, iMovie can do that no problem. Cheers Rounik
  • Hitdoggie
    Rounik, Thank you for your reply. Another goofy question: If I need to to alter the color of someone's shirt is this possible to digitally manipulate? To take it one step further could you change the clothes on someone in your video? Would Final Cut Studio 2 be better suited for this
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hitdoggie, No problem :) You can alter the colour of the whole video (e.g. change the saturation, greens, reds etc etc) but to do this for a specific area of the video requires a more sophisticated application. Final Cut Pro and Motion 3 (especially the later) can change the colour of one object or area. To change someones clothes... wow! Personally I'd ask them to change clothes before shooting the video ;) It depends on the video footage. For example is the person moving or quite still. The later would be much easier to achieve in FCS2 of course... Cheers Rounik
  • Hitdoggie
    Rounik, Thank you so very much. I moved the idea to the final cut forum. I am real new at this. I have had experience with apple interfaces in the past (i.E., logic express) so the tutorials I have seen look intuitive. Thanks a ton
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: