macProVideo.com
Forums
  • whitnells
    ow can I stop my iMac crashing when I try to play a project full
    When I click on the icon to play a project full screen, I get the dreaded rotating circle thing, then it kicks me out (saying "imovie quit unexpectedly"), and asking if I want to "ignore, report or relaunch". For the first dozen times, I reported the problem but I've now stopped trying to use the function. Any suggestions for how to fix the problem will be gratefully received. NB I've also posted another question about pip and wonder if the 2 problems are connected.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ow can I stop my iMac crashing when I try to play a project
    Hi Whitenells, Welcome to macProVideo forums! Excuse the late reply your post slipped under my radar ;-) Have you updated to the latest version of iMovie using Software Update? Can you list a few other details aout your system: - OSX version (e.g. 10.5.6, 10.5.7...) - Quicktime version - Your Mac There is a post about Repairing Permissions on your Mac which is a good maintenance procedure: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Might be worth trying this out. Thanks Rounik
  • whitnells
    Re: How can I stop my iMac crashing when I try to play a project
    Thanks - and apologies for omitting the info. Here's the info for the app involved: imovie 09, OS: OSX 10.5.7 and QuickTime: QTPro Version 7.6.2 (518). Model: iMac5,1, BootROM IM51.0090.B09, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 2.5 GB Graphics: kHW_ATIr520Item, ATY,RadeonX1600, spdisplays_pcie_device, 128 MB Memory Module Serial ATA Device: WDC WD2500JS-40TGB0, 232.89 GB Parallel ATA Device: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K06. Re repairing permissions, I've already run the disk repair utility but will check out the link you kindly provided to make sure I did it right as there appeared to be many differences that didn't get repaired - many of which were for the QuickTime entries with the info referring to code resources being lwrwkt-xr-x instead of -rw-r-r-. There were also a few entries about SUID files being modified and not fixed. Might these be causing me problems with iphoto 09? Should they be fixed? If so, any suggestions for a technophobe to try will be gratefully received. (I tried to attach the info on the problems but couldn't get the filesize small enough for this.)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How can I stop my iMac crashing when I try to play a project
    Hi No problem about omitting the spec info! & You don't sound like a technophobe at all! Your spec looks like it's all ok. I'll have to investigate this issue. Do try the repair permissions and retsart your Mac afterwards. I'd also recommend running Software update again to check for any iLife related updates... Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: