macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ice cream software.
    iMovie keeps freezing. Please, help.
    Hi. My indie movie is on iMovie. I imported in as large, rather than full HD since I have a Mac Mini. It is an hour and 25 minutes, and I used an external hard drive to store my footages. And I didn't install any additional softwares on my Mac. However! Now that I open iMovie, it freezes after it loads up all of my editing. It loads up the footages, the sound effects, the music, and so on. When it's done loading up, I try modify anything (meaning if I even click on something) in the time-line... it freezes and stays that way until I need to force quit it. With all my editing done, all I need is to work on the adding a few sound effects, music, and two voice overs ... but it has halted since iMovie has done this to me. PLEASE. HELP ME. What is wrong? How can I fix it?
  • Re: iMovie keeps freezing. Pleas
    Re: iMovie keeps freezing. Please,...
    the same thing has happened to me. i have spent days searching for answers but have found nothing. i am so upset about what is happening because of all the time and effort put into my movie. there has got to be some kind of soloution.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Re: iMovie keeps freezing. Pleas, Welcome to the forums. Please can you provide more details on the exact version of iMovie you are using, OSX version and any details about your Mac. Thanks Rounik
  • Re: iMovie keeps freezing. Pleas
    Imovie 09. Osx.
  • Rounik Admin
    OSX 10.4.x? OSX 10.5.8? OSX 10.6.2? Mac?
  • daybreak
    Firstly check how much space you have got on your project besides you external hard drive. When working in iMovie make sure all other applications are closed. Also have you checked for any updates in iMovie?
  • dgillis
    was a solution ever found to this? it is currently happening to me and i cannot find an answer anywhere! only current project stalls. have created larger projects before with no issues. i have plenty of hard drive space. project stalls even when moved to external drive. can edit and create other projects in imovie. have verified disk and permissions in applications. using iMovie '09 8.0.6 (821) on a Max OSX 10.5.8, 2.1 GHz Intel
  • daybreak
    This new version of iMovie is know to play havoc at times. Which does not help your cause. So i hope this can help. Check for any update. Go into Apple update site and check if anything has been missed. Go to Quicktime and see if you iMovie file is in there and you can play snippets. Open iMovie and open a new project and call it "TEST" and try and transfer footage into iMovie. You say current project stalls. Were? the whole lot or just certain parts. Also is you import button for camera mode off Are all other applications off. Besides opening iMovie. Open your hard drive and click unto you movie file and see if it opens in iMovie.
  • idolette
    Help! It is happening to me as well. Trying to edit and then it completely freezes. Camera mode is off as well as other applications. Help!!! Thank you for any input on this.
  • daybreak
    O.K. Lets see if we can sort this out. Once you have downloaded your footage were is the project saved? Is the project downloaded into your main drive or do you have a external drive. Is it tape or SDHC Card How far into your project of editing are you before it freezes. Also are you up to date with iMovie updates. I think when one has a problem the more information available would help. Those the beachball appears when freezing?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: