macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nina M
    Re: iMovie keeps freezing. Please,...
    Same OS, same version of IMovie. Mine stalls when I open this particular project. The first time it stalled, it stalled when I tried to move the start time of the clip.
  • Nina M
    So I did this wrong, sorry folks - or perhaps it is because I am posting from my Windows box. ,-) I thought I replied to a post with machine stats etc, but my post is placed elsewhere--soo: iMovie 2009, Mac OSX 10.6.8 - SnowLeopard, 2.26GJZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 memory. No significant performance issues outside of iMovie, and no issues in iMovie outside of this project, which is larger than the other ones. It crashed the first time when I tried to move the start time of the clip, in clip trimmer. Now it just crashes on open. There is no excessive paging, the computer is only 2 years old and I am fairly sure the HDD is good. What are my options here? iMovie 11? Final Cut? Other software? Can iMovie 09 be fixed? Did any of you find a solution?
  • Nina M
    1 - Save: HDD 2 - Drive: Local 3 - Drive: Neither, is local HDD 4 - Time: 10 minutes, however now it (IMovie) freezes on open 5 - Updates: Yes, and yes for OS too. 6 - Info: Agree 7 - Beach Ball: Yes, then no. (Meaning it did, now it doesn't.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Nina, I'm slightly puzzled here. Have you run Software Update recently and installed the most recent update for iMovie 09? Can I double-check what version of OS X you are running? Thanks! R
  • Scott
    Did anyone figure this out? I am having the exact same problem. I'm on an iMac with 4 GB of RAM. I have about 42 GB of hard drive space left on my computer. I'm in iMovie 11, and have a 66-minute movie almost done. Other projects work fine, but this one freezes when I try to edit in any way. I can play the movie from the beginning, but if I try to move the playhead anywhere else, it's the spinning beach ball and force quit. Any ideas would be most appreciated!
  • daybreak
    Find the clip were the beach ball start. Then find the clip in your browser and see if the clip will play on its own. I do not use iMovie 11. But go on your Apple support web page and put your question there. You could have a corrupt file. Also make sure your trash is empty. You have plenty of space. All my video work is always on an external drive.
  • Scott
    Thanks, daybreak. I solved the problem by downloading a 30-day trial of Final Cut Pro X. It is able to open the project and edit it, and the editing is much faster than iMovie.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: