macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Squeegee
    imovie09 - no music or sound effects in music browser
    Hi all I've scoured the web and found no joy for my particular issue. I'm still under 90 day support at Apple but their Apple ID page won't accept my telephone number (is it just me or do Apple get more like Microsoft as each year goes by?) Anyway, I'm desperate to get making movies on iMovie 09 but when I click on the music and sound effects browers theres nothing in there - diddly squat. I've got plenty of tunes in iTunes which works fine but the iMovie music browser is totally blank (no sound effects listed, no itunes listed, no option to navigate to folders) Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: imovie09 - no music or sound e...
    Hi Squeegee, Welcome to the macProVideo forums :) Sounds like you need to install the additional loops and GB content from the iLife 09 install DVD. If iLife 09 came pre-installed on your Mac try one of the discs you have. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Squeegee
    Thanks for that Rounik - I've got music! Now ... how to get the background music to fade out before the end so I can only hear the rocking guitar from the film I shot. Apple help = no help ... scan the web ... no, no help there??? In the old iMovie it was all so easy ... think I'm going to go back to the old version ... iMovie09 is a pig in knickers.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Squeegee, It's true that iMovie 09 may look and feel quite different from iMovie HD 6 and previous. The lack of a timeline is not to everyone's liking. However, the realtime aspects of iMovie 09 make it extremely powerful as well as some of the beat marking and trimming features. It may take a little time to get used to the new metaphors for editing in iMovie 09, but IMHO it's well worth it. To shorten an audio clip, well you can drag the edge of a rectangle that represents the audio in the project. Alternatively you can open up the Audio Trimmer and shorten it and then add a fade out in the Audio Head-Up-Display (or Inspector). The iMovie tutorial here is very good: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/iLife[/url] If this is of interest to you... Alternatively let me know if you need any help. btw, when you dragged the audio file from the Media Browser to your project, did you drag it to the background (so it is highlighted green) or did you attach it to a clip so it is represented as a bar above the clip? Thanks Rounik
  • Squeegee
    Thanks Rounik I hear what you're saying and will give iMovie09 another chance if ever I do any greenscreen stuff. But for now simplicity rules and I've just completed a short movie in about 20 minutes using an older version. It was a breeze. I used to love Apple for the fact that their out of the box software made creativity fun - almost like child's play. iMovie09 is counter intuitive, fussy and nothing like child's play ... it's a technical bit of kit that requires study before you use it and while I'm sure its functionality is pretty cool, it's totally lost that simplicity that made it such fun to use. Barggghhhh humbug :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: