macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vermeille
    i-Movie 09 to i-DVD -"Multiplexing" problem
    I have a Canon HV20 High Definition Camcorder and MacBook Pro 17- 2.33G - 3 GB RAM; i-DVD I have made a video of my holiday in Annecy, this year. It is 20 minutes long, 23 GB. It plays beautifully on my Mac. It plays beautifully on the TV (not HD) via my Mac. I have tried many times to burn a DVD. I go to Share and choose every size in turn, Large Medium and Small. The Projects emerge perfectly in various sizes. I have had 360 Mb; 233Mb; 1.3 GB. However, each time I go to i-DVD to "burn", everything seems to be going OK, but eventually I get a Message "Multiplexing" error. What is this, please, what causes it and how can I overcome it?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: i-Movie 09 to i-DVD -"Mul...
    Hi Vermeille, This is a strange error message... I might refer to a number of different issues. What version of OSX and iDVD are you using? A couple of things to try: 1. make sure there are no strange characters in the name of the project (e.g. + or -) 2. What DVD discs are you using? I hear that Verbatim are pretty reliable. 3. Burn at a slower speed (e.g. 1x or 2x) Hope that helps Rounik
  • Vermeille
    [i]YOUR TEXT HERE[/i]Thanks, Rounik. It is indeed strange because I have never had this problem before. Mac OS X 10.5.8 i-DVD 7.0.4 version Samsung DVD RW 1-4 x I will try burning at 1x speed. (a very long process of course but I'll do it overnight!)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Vermeille, Did burning at low speeds help? I've not tried Samsung disks... I see you are using RW. I would try using -R or +R and get Verbatim if you can. Cheers Rounik
  • Vermeille
    Hullo Rounik! Well, tried burning at 2X with a Memorex disc AND IT WAS PERFECT. Now, of course I don't know whether the solution was - a) Burning at only 2X or b) The changee of disc More research required, obviously! Many thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Vermeille, Great news! I would suggest it may be the discs or a bad batch of discs. I have experienced bad luck with 4 DVD-R discs in a row a couple of years back. The rest in the pack worked fine. Let me know how you get on. Thanks Rounik
  • Vermeille
    Hullo Rounik, I changed the Disc again, this time to Philips 1-16x and it went like a train! Perfect. I think we must conclude that the problem was with the Samsung discs. Vermeille
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad to hear it! I've not used Philips discs... I guess I'm a little superstitious when it comes to removable media and my Mac. I'm sticking with verbatim ;-) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: