macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kenny Q
    How much footage can I put onto a DVD
    Please help. I have about 2 and a half hours of footage in iMovie and I would like to share it to iDVD and burn it onto 1 disc with menus. Is this possible? Is there a time limit? What is the maximum amount of time I can put into one 4.7GB DVD? Please reply, Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How much footage can I put ont...
    Hi Kenny Time limit is determined by bit rate of the video footage... basically higher quality = less time, lower quality = more time. Roughly speaking, at an average quality you should be able to fit around 2 hours onto a single sided DVD-/+R. iDVD will be able to help show you the time vs quality balance. Cheers Rounik
  • Kenny Q
    Rounik, Thank you very much for your reply, So, I can make a 2 and a half hour video project in iMovie and share it to iDVD. Then iDvd will show me the difference in quality before it asks me to burn to DVD? Is this explained in the MacProvideo iDVD tutorials?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kenny, I should have been more precise. iDVD allows you to record between 1-2 hours onto a single layer DVD. In iDVD choose Project > Project Info for more details on the size of your project, quality of video and the capacity of the disc. The mpv iDVD tutorial is very good and does explain all the core concepts of iDVD in depth. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: