macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kenny Q
    Tether and record video from another computer into iMovie
    My son mixes DJ video mixes on DVD. We usually record the output into a DVD player, rip the DVD into the computer, put markers and then put make a DVD. This is a lot of work. I was wondering if there is a way to use both of our computers (we both have Macbook Pros). And have the secondary monitor on one computer (the music videos) tethered and recorded on iMovie on the second computer. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tether and record video from a...
    Hi Kenny, I believe it is possible. You'll need some kind of video interface to take the video output from one Mac and into another... But I'd suggest you explore Screen capturing software like Camtasia, Screenflow or iShowU. These can record what's happening on screen on one computer and in the case of Screenflow (which I use) definitely can record the audio simultaneously. Then you can perform some edits to the captured video and export it as a movie file. If needed you can then use iMovie to further perform edits or just drop it straight into iDVD. You can download a demo of Screenflow (and I suspect the other apps I mentioned) to try them out. Cheers Rounik
  • Kenny Q
    Will Screenflow record the video from the second monitor? I donât want the video from the main monitor. Recording audio would be a plus. I was thinking about recording the audio separately and then sync it to the video.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kenny, I'm not sure about the second monitor. What I like about Screenflow is how it records everything on the screen. Then once recording is finished SF allows you to edit and zoom in on particular windows, change the action of the mouse cursor. Do try it out by downloading the demo. I'd be interested to know if it able to record the activity on a second monitor. :) Rounik
  • Damovyy
    Re: Tether and record video from another computer into iMovie
    You can record video and audio on computer with fonelab screen recorder easily. It also helps you capture screenshots on windows or mac without lag.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: