macProVideo.com
Forums
  • iMovie & DVD
    Audio Problems
    Hi, after I export a video, there will be some audio problems. For example, I just exported my band's music video to a mov. file; in the mov. file, there will be these odd drum sounds interspersed in w/ the mix. These sounds were not intentioned. How can I export successfully? I've done it before but am not sure why it's happening now... Thanks, David
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio Problems
    Hello David, Please can you supply more info: - version of iMovie/iDVD - which program are you exporting from? - What is the exact export setting? - What do you mean by 'odd' drum sounds? Could these be from the source audio or anything that has been muted? Thanks R
  • iMovie & DVD
    Hey Rounik, I am using iMovie 09 and am exporting from it too. I have both tried the "Export Movie" & "Export Using Quicktime" options. For "Export Movie," I tried the HD option. & for "Export Using Quicktime," I used the following for the sound: Format: Integer (Little Endian) Sample Rate: 48.000 kHz Sample Size: 24 bit Channels: Stereo When I watch the video on iMovie, the sound is fine but when I watch the exported video, these drums sounds from the song pop up in little pieces; these weren't there when I watched it on iMovie. Maybe I should upload it to Youtube & you can check it out? Thanks again, David
  • iMovie & DVD
    Also, how do I export a video into letterbox format? One of my videos (16:9) made it on to TV; on 4:3 ratio, it had letterbox (which was unintentional) & looked ok but on a widescreen TV, it got stretched out. Any suggestions? Thanks again, David
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David What exact settings did you choose in iMovie? You should try using the Share > Export Using Quicktime... Click on 'Options' Here you can set the frame rate, etc... and the dimensions (under size) including how you wish to preserve the aspect ratio. Hope the helps & congrats on getting your video on TV! :) R
  • iMovie & DVD
    Hey Rounik, here are the settings I used: Compression: H.264 Qual: Best Key Frame Rate: 24 Frame reordering: Yes Encoding mode: multi-pass Dimensions: 960X540 (Current) Format: Integer (Little Endian) Sample Rate: 48.000 kHz Sample Size: 24 bit Channels: Stereo Should I try NTSC 720x480 16:9 (letterbox)? Thanks again! Here's some of my work if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/gcschannel
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: