macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hyper-Shadow
    Final cut Express/iDVD problems
    Hello, Thank you for reading. I've been having some problems with a movie project I've been working on. I have a couple scenes which take place in the dark. I shot this film on an HD camera and Final Cut Express version 4.0.1, which I have, supports full HD. I shot my film project at 30p Progressive frame rate which seems to work on Final Cut Express as the program converts all video files to 29.97 fps. However, I'm not sure if the problem I am having is related to the frame rate or not. I've had to add a few brightness filters to the dark scenes. Playing the movie on my computer looks great. However, when I put the movie onto a DVD using iDVD, which is the only DVD authoring program I currently have, Only the daylight footage looks great. When the night time footage comes around it starts getting all pixelated and jittery moving around a lot. I have tried exporting my movie in different formats, adjusting the frame rate in the export settings and even removing the brightness filters and the dark footage is still jittering. I am still experimenting but so far I am not having much luck. Has anyone out there had the same kind of problem? Is there anything I can do to end this awful jittery movement when I export my movie onto a DVD? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and I hope to hear from someone. Take care, Hyper-Shadow
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Final cut Express/iDVD problem...
    Hi Hyper-Shadow Welcome to the forums! It's difficult to say without seeing the original footage. Have you tried capturing a small amount of the clip into iMovie 09 and then exporting it to iDVD to see the difference? Also what are your export settings from Final Cut to iDVD and what version of iDVD are you using? What final settings are you using in iDVD to encode to DVD -video format? Cheers Rounik
  • Hyper-Shadow
    Hello, Thank you for your input. I think I may have solved the problem. I don't think the problem was with the export or the frame rate. I think the problem was with the brightness filter. I don't know why but for some reason iDVD does not seem to like the adjustment of the brightness. However, when I reset the brightness level and adjusted the contrast instead, there is no jittery movement. Plus the footage looks more like the way I wanted it to look. It took several experimental adjustments and at least 7 RW DVDs but I think I may have solved the problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and found a different way of resolving it I would still be interested in hearing it. Thank you again, Hyper-Shadow
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, That's good news. Not sure I can explain what s going on here and why the brightness looked fine on the output file but not in DVD format. You know in iDVD you can burn your DVD to a disk image to save you from using up DVD discs... you can test the final output file in DVD Player all the same ;-) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: