macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Matt Hair
    iMovie HD - converting mini DV tapes recorded in NTSC to PAL?
    Hello, Here's my predicament. My new Sony Camcoder purchased in Argentina is NTSC. In Australia it's PAL. I still prefer using iMovie HD, after importing and creating the movie in NTSC it's all grainy and I can hardly read the titles when I play it back after using iDVD. Not good. I still have the data on the mini DV tapes. How do I get the raw data into iMovie HD and work in PAL format? What options do I have? (please note: I also have iMovie '08 and FCE 4.0, but I still prefer iMovie HD. Can I use these other programs to solve my problem?) I want to create a DVD to play in my DVD player. cheers Matt
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iMovie HD - converting mini DV...
    Hi Matt, At some stage you will need to convert the footage from your camcorder to PAL. Personally I'd do that before importing into iMovie HD.. but iMovie HD will work fine with NTSC or PAL as long as you setup the project appropriately. When you export from iMovie you should have the ability to choose to convert to PAL... Do you have Quicktime Pro? I've also heard that JES Deinterlacer can convert between NTSC and PAL in better quality than Quicktime Pro - but have no direct experience with this application. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: