macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rugby Nut
    Squad players turn,say their name and position.
    Hey everyone, I am a total newbie to i-video/i-dvd. I am trying to find out if there is a way of creating a sequence that is similar to that of the television. When before a big sports game, the selected squad players are shown on the screen then in small video clips each player zooms to fill the screen and say their name and their playing position. Then zoom back. If I took footage of all my players stating their name and position, what could I do to try and replicate the very professional looking graphic display like the television? Any help or direction would be great. Thank you Rugby Nut
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Squad players turn,say their n...
    Hi Rugby Nut, Welcome to the macProVideo forums :) Do you have iMovie '09 (part of iLife 09)? You can do a lot of great editing in iMovie, but it is fairly limited in terms of zooming clips... having two clips playing simultaneously. What I think you're referring to is the Picture in Picture... where the player is, say, in the top right corner and some other footage is playing in the main video window? iMovie can do this... but is restricted to one mini picture at a time... I'd recommend Final Cut Express which can easily allow you to have multiple clips (players) in small boxes and then they zoom to take up the entire screen and then zoom back... Do you have access to Final Cut? :) Rounik
  • Rugby Nut
    Hi Rounik Thanks for your quick reply! I have iMovie '09 (Part of iLife '09) Thanks for the info. I will have a play around with pip and see what I can do. I don't have access to Final Cut. Can I get to see any work that's been created by Final Cut? Where can I get it from? How much is it to purchase? Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rugby Nut, No probs! PiP is pretty cool but very limited... not any way to zoom the PiP frame as far as I know. Final Cut is very professional... look at many major films... the BBC, ITV, etc and you'll find lots of their editing suites use Final Cut Pro. Final Cut Express is very very similar without some additional applications included with the Pro version for sound, motion graphics etc and some of the speed functions. Basically... editing wise it's much the same and about £129 for Express. We've got some fantastic tutorials on Final Cut. The first 5 videos are free to watch: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/finalcutpro-application[/url] Also you can find out more about it here: [url]http://www.apple.com/uk/finalcutexpress/tutorials/[/url] :) Rounik
  • Rugby Nut
    Thanks for your help Rounik! I will have a look at your suggestions. Rugby Nut :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Rugby Nut! Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: