macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mac newbie
    imovie to idvd issues
    I have been taking movies I've created in imovie and trying to create a DVD with iDVD. I've been running into some problems with my finished product. When I preview the movie through iDVD, everything looks fine. I then burn the DVD and play it in my DVD player. The problem I am seeing is that in a lot of my pictures in the movie are coming out pixilated in a way... some of the pictures even look like they are moving in the background because the pictures aren't crisp like they are in the preview. I've taken the same movie and finished it with both iDVD and Media Browser as well as in Large and HD formats and it doesn't seem to matter. What is really strange is that this problem seems random. I will burn one movie and it will turn out fine, and the next DVD I burn of the same movie will come out looking pixilated. Has anyone had any issues with this or know what might be going on? I'm still new to Macs and iMovie but I'm learning as I go and this is something that is confusing me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: imovie to idvd issues
    Hi mac newbie, Welcome to the forums and excuse the late reply! DVD spec won't make use of HD formats. In fact DVD-video is SD not HD... Is it the slideshow images you are finding issues with and not the actual video? You mention that when burning a disc from iDVD that the issue is random... is this when burning the same project to DVD? How are you testing the DVD? On your Mac's DVD player or a set top box DVD player? Thanks Rounik
  • mac newbie
    Re: imovie to idvd issues
    Rounik, Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions: Yes, the trouble I'm experiencing is with the slideshow images not the actual video. But I continue to have this trouble when I save the movie in Large format instead of HD. And I am getting random issues with this program when I'm burning the same project to DVD (like when I go back a day or two later to make extra copies of the same movie I burned earlier). I've tested the DVD's on both the Mac player and the regular DVD player for our tv. Thanks, Mac Newbie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: