macProVideo.com
Forums
  • floridaoj1
    Overlapping video on iMovie..?
    I've been using this iMac and iMovie for a week now, and it's a bit frustrating, but I'm plugging along best I can... My question is, in iMovie can you overlap video segments so one slowly fades while the next slowly opens on top of it, like in windows movie maker..? In movie maker, I could drag and drop video segments on top of the previous segment and they would overlap, and create a really nice slow fade transition from one to the next with no dead black space in between.... An example of my movie with these effects is: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWqXF0HuCjE[/url] My movies from iMovie are okay, but I'd like to be able to cut up the segments of video and very smoothly merge them in and out on top of one another, but don't know how to add smooth, slow, subtle special effects like I could with WMM.? So far, my vid's from iMovie kinda look generic still, and I'd like to add a bit more creativity to them.. My latest attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsDGO58lDGM Thanks for any help or advice... mark
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Overlapping video on iMovie..?...
    Hi Mark, Have you tried using a cross-disolve transition between two clips? You can set the cross dissolve to be of a user specified length by double clicking on the transition. Cheers Rounik
  • floridaoj1
    Re: Overlapping video on iMovie..?...
    Thank you, I will try that...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: